- TOP ＞
Basic Policy on Protecting Personal Information
Established: July 1, 2018
Revised: February 1, 2020
Well aware of the importance of protecting personal information in a highly developed information/communications society like ours, MOL Logistics Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, "the Company") will do its utmost to protect personal information and thoroughly familiarize Company executives, employees and all those concerned with this commitment.
- 1. Compliance with relevant laws, guidelines, etc.
The Company will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, other laws and guidelines regarding that act and other guidelines and related government ordinances, and ensure the proper administrative handling of all personal information.
- 2. Purposes of use
The Company will use provided personal information for the following purposes:
- (1) Estimates/inquiries for export/import air freight/ocean freight forwarding
- (2) Arrangement of export/import air freight/ocean freight forwarding, collection, and delivery of cargo
- (3) Warehousing for export/import air freight/ocean freight forwarding
- (4) Estimates/inquiries for transport in overseas/Japan domestic removals
- (5) Arrangement of transport in overseas/Japan domestic removals, collection, and delivery
- (6) Warehousing for transport in overseas/Japan domestic removals
- (7) Questionnaires and market research regarding services of the Company and its partner companies
- (8) Introduction and dissemination of services of the Company and its partner companies
- 3. Means of acquiring personal information
he Company will acquire the following personal information from customers to achieve the purposes of use specified in the preceding paragraph, through proper and fair means.
The personal information provided to the Company by customers applying for services shall be as follows:
Customer name, gender, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, information on place of employment, destinations of collection and delivery, birthday, passport number, VISA information, travel information, bank account for transport, contact information for family members and others concerned as designated by the customer, details on cargo luggage.
- 4. Matters related to security management measures
The Company will take necessary and appropriate security control measures for the management of personal data, such as data breaches, loss, or damage. In addition, it will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of its employees and outsourcing partners (including entrusted partners) who handle personal information. It separately provided “Rules on Personal Information Protection” regarding safe management measures of personal data, and will conform to it.
- 5. Provision to the third parties
The Company will not disclose or provide customers’ personal information without their permission, except in cases in which laws, regulations, and so on supersede the Company’s policies. In addition, provision of personal information or information sharing with entrusted companies or partners shall not fall under the provision of personal information to a third party.
- (1) Cases in which the consent of the customer is obtained
- (2) Cases in which the handling of personal information is based on laws and regulations
- (3) Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- (4) Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state agency, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned
- 6. Shared use
The Company will share use of customers’ personal information, as shown in the details of the Appendix.
- 7. Transfer to outside of Japan
The Company will take necessary and appropriate measures in keeping with laws and regulations, if it provides customers' personal information to third party business operators outside of Japan, including entrusted companies and information sharing partners.
- 8. Continuous improvement
The Company will strive to improve the management system and handling of personal information to maintain the security of that information and to respond to changes in development of telecommunication and information technology, revisions to laws and regulations, and so on.
- 9. Contact for inquiries and complain
For questions and complains relating to the Company’s handling of personal data, please contact the Consultation Service Center as follows.
(1) Address: Consultation Service Center for Protection of Personal Information
MOL Logistics Co., Ltd., Human Resources and General Affairs Division Shin Ochanomizu Building 4-3 Kanda-surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8330
(2) TEL: 03-6731-7500 (3) Hours: Monday ~ Friday (excl. holidays, year end and New Year)
9:30 ~ 12:00, 13:00 ~ 17:00
- 10. Request for disclosure, etc.
- (1) How to request
Please send necessary documents by mail to the following address: Consultation Service Center for Protection of Personal Information MOL Logistics Co., Ltd., Human Resources and General Affairs Division Shin Ochanomizu Building 4-3 Kanda-surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8330
- (2) Necessary documents
Request form for disclosure of personal information, and so on
In case of omissions or errors in filling in the request form, the Company may not be able to respond to the request for disclosure.
The Company may request the submission of a valid form of identification before disclosing personal information.
- (3) Response to requests for disclosure, etc.
The Company will answer in writing, to the attention/address of the person submitting the request for disclosure.
- (1) How to request
Details of Appendix
- The Company may share use of customers' personal information with its affiliated companies and Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd.
- Party responsible for management of personal information:
MOL Logistics Co., Ltd.